Internet Marketing Forum Forum Index

Internet Marketing Forum
The official Internet Marketing Forum of the Power Blog, where Power Blog members can exchange ideas. Post a question and an army of very knowledgable members will answer. This is the best place to colaborate with fellow IM professionals.

That strange world of SEO and Google rankings... My story.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Internet Marketing Forum Forum Index -> SEO Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jmayer
New User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: That strange world of SEO and Google rankings... My story. Reply with quote Back to top

You remember how the Internet was a really simple thing, all those old Geocities and Angelfire pages that you could set up for peanuts? It started getting a little bit complicated afterwards, but it was still at a manageable level – you kind of built your website, put up a little bit about who you are, what you do and what your business is, and people found it!
There wasn't that much to find, and things were really simple. If you wanted to advertise, you put a simple picture on the side of your website with the necessary, and that was that.
Things sure changed in the last 6, 3 years. They changed so much in the last year alone that it has been really difficult to keep up!
Do any of you know what SEO is? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization It stands for Search Engine Optimization, basically it's about how to get your site higher up in Google, like on the second or first page. But jeez, do these guys have some complicated sorcery about how to do that. They have all sorts of things going that I've never heard about – “linkjuice”, “backlinks”, talking about “Penguin this” and “Panda that” (it turns out these last two are updates Google made to its search engine that make it harder for sites to get on the first pages of Google).
The worst thing was, my website – which has been one of my main sources of business for the last 10 years or so – was kicked down the google search lists A LOT. I mean, before it used to be on the bottom of the first page, but then it dropped all the way to page 15. That sucked, and I wasn't getting e-mails or orders anymore. The brave new digital world, huh? A computer geek friend of mine(who repaired the hardware, but didn't know much about the internet and stuff) said that I should check out http://supremacyseo.com and this guy called Travis, who had apparently helped him in a similar situation. I had nothing to lose, really, and lots to gain – my old spot back on the Google search results! - so I e-mailed this guy, and he was really polite and professional. He sounded like he really knew what he was doing, and I appreciate the fact that he didn't try to promise me the world or anything. He said he could get my site back up – it might take anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months, but that it definitely could be fixed. You just had to know the right way how to build “backlinks” and all sorts of stuff like that. And I was still pretty hesitant at this point, but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. What can I say? A month and a half later, my truck part and interior business is back up on the first two pages of Google! So I really recommend Travis, he's a great guy, he has really fair prices, and he's great at communicating in a simple way what the problem is and what needs to be done. Give him a try! Smile

monicasmily96
New User

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does your business have a website? Are you trying to get more people to visit your website? Do you want local people to find your local company? If you are a local company you want people in your area to find you, not people from halfway across the world. Google is the top search engine and by improving your local Google search results you can really improve your business.

morrismartinez90
New User

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SEO is the acronym of Search Engine Optimization. For the understanding of beginners, search engine optimization is the art and science of making a website to perform better with various search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.com.

kenn1thlotts
New User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SEO is all about improving your website ranking to all the search engines, and creating awareness of your site worldwide. It is not about creating backlinks, but to get quality backlinks from high authority sites and proper on page optimization techniques.

Rank Experts

SamuelVelazquez
New User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Always have to emphasize the importance of great, high-quality content when it comes to SEO. With the changing Google Algorithms, people are still hopping around, trying to find a shortcut. There will always be tricks and gimmicks to crawl your way up the search page results, but having material that people truly love is the way forward, for all businesses.
This means websites are going to have to start paying real writers, or learn how to write authoritatively on their subject. Should be interesting to watch how things go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Internet Marketing Forum Forum Index -> SEO Articles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: